How to make a frame stencil
The Triangulator Bag requires you to make a cardboard template that fits in the triangle of your frame. Here are the steps for making one:
- You’ll need some cardboard big enough to cover the triangle of your frame. Also a marker pen and some temporary tape.
- You’ll need to remove any bottle cages or other items that you don’t want the frame bag to fit around.
- Now you’ll need to hold the cardboard/paper to the frame, this is where the tape comes in handy.
- Take your marker pen and carefully trace around the inside of the frame - you are trying to end up with a shape that perfectly matches the inside of your frame.
- Mark any cable stops, bottle mounts or anything that may get in the way of the bag. If you have a front derailleur mark where it comes to in the biggest ring. Mark anywhere where there shouldn’t be a strap.
- Use a measuring tape (or string and ruler) to measure the circumference of the bike's tubes in several different locations around the frame’s triangle - write these in the relevant places on the template (especially important if your tube diameters change a lot around the bike.)
- Cut the template out with scissors (best to cut it out a little big so you can trim it down as required) and place it back inside the frame and make sure it fits just right, you really don’t want any gaps that are larger than 5mm.
- Write your name, postal address, bike make and model on the template.
- The template is now ready to be made into a bag. The more accurate your template is the better the bag will fit.
- Put your template in an envelope or courier bag and post it to: ROBO-KIWI bikepacking bags, P.O. Box 241, Twizel 7901.